- I don’t like crowds. They exhaust me. Groups of people exhaust me. It’s like they’re energy vampires and I’m the latest victim.
- Yet I love being around people on my terms. Just not all the time.
- I’m very gregarious around people I know. But, again, it has to be on my terms.
- I can give a speech when I have to. Just don’t ask me to interact with people afterward.
- I get distracted easily (unless I focus), but I’m never bored.
- I’ve often been called intense. In one job, my boss said I scared people.
- I take on the mood of my environment, which is why I surround myself with positive people.
- I despise networking. Absolutely, totally, completely despise it.
- I shut down when I’ve been too active on social media and in social situations. I go into “pause” mode.
Guess what? Those are all traits of an introvert. Evidently, I’m a card carrying example.
Another article I read said to consider an introvert living in a human sized hamster ball. They get energy from themselves and project it outward. Actually, I kind of like the idea of being in a hamster ball.
Two interesting articles: