Every once in awhile I go through what I call my Desert Isle Syndrome.
- I don’t want to be around anyone.
- I don’t want to talk to anyone.
- I don’t want to be pleasant or personable.
- I don’t want to SEE anyone.
- As Greta Garbo is famous for saying, “I vant to be alone.”
I don’t know what causes it, but it’s almost as if “the world is too much with us, late and soon.”
I reach a point at which I can’t bear any more stimulus. I turn off the TV; I stop watching the news. I resort to reading my favorite books.
The recharging doesn’t take long but it’s absolutely necessary.
How about you? Do you go through the Desert Isle Syndrome? How do you handle it?